poor coaching low selfesteem teenagers miami
Self-esteem is a measure of self-worth. It directly impacts self-efficacy, social relationships, school performance, participation in activities, and overall wellbeing.
Self-esteem is essential in a child’s healthy development and happiness. Being in touch with their true self directly boosts their self-worth and helps them see letdowns, disappointments, and failures as part of learning. A child with good self-esteem has a “try again” attitude.
Using Triumph Steps, an emotional literacy curriculum, we help children build their self-esteem by overcoming fears and learning the steps necessary to achieve their wishes and desires.
Our clinicians emphasize the importance of self-knowledge, the discovery of natural talents, and practices conducive to positive self-perception.
Signs and symptoms of low self-esteem in children and teens include:
- Giving up quickly or does not engage in challenging tasks.
- Becoming controlling or bullying to hide feelings of inadequacy.
- Self-critical talk often says: I am a failure, no one likes me, can’t do anything right, stupid, and ugly.
- Easily frustrated and with bouts of crying episodes, sadness, anger, or withdrawal.
- Feels very uncomfortable receiving praise or criticism.
- Downplays the importance of certain circumstances not to feel inadequate. “That game is for babies; I don’t want to play anyways.”
- Difficulty relating to other children
We at Healthy Connections believe that parents are instrumental in the family’s wellbeing. The parent-child coaching is an excellent program to understand better the necessary steps to raise and support a confident child.
The earlier you equip your children with tools to increase self-esteem, the easier it will be for you and the better for any young person.
Triumph Steps is a proven program that helps your child understand their true self and the connection between thoughts and emotions. This understanding gives children self-ownership to develop new thought patterns and daily practices that may lead to happiness and peace.